The Gary Burnstein Community Health Clinic announces the launch of the Esteemed Women of Michigan Power Group to help this amazing group of women stay connected beyond the annual dinner. All EWM honorees, past and present, are automatically enrolled, and there is no cost for membership.
Launched in January 2022 at the request of past EWM honorees, our founding co-chairs (see below) surveyed all EWMs and determined the most important function and benefit of the EWM Power Group should be to provide networking opportunities. As this group develops, other benefits may include:
- A support system for members to share ideas and seek solutions to work challenges
- Ad hoc affinity groups around specific topics or work issues
- Discussions and education on special topics and issues we all share
- Sharing resources with each other for mutual benefit
- Mentorship to others aspiring EWM candidates
- Participating in the annual EWM event through nomination, attendance, etc.
Activities of the Power Group will grow organically out of the interests and initiatives of the members. Our initial plan is to host quarterly networking events, some of which will be virtual to include our out-of-area members.
Our next networking meeting will be a drop-in lunch on August 23, 2022, 11:30 – 1:00 at Al-Malek Banquet and Grill Al-Malek Banquet and Grill, 28937 Warren Rd., Garden City.
As a drop-in lunch, you can come any time and stay as long as you’re able. There will be time to network with other Esteemed Women and meet our Power Group Leaders. Masks are encouraged when not eating. You may register using the form to the right.
Please note, membership in the EWM Power Group is open only to past and present Esteemed Women of Michigan honorees.
(If you are not receiving emails regarding the EWM Power Group, please contact Paula Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org.)